Are You Ready For The Adventure Series?
The Adventure Series is the original 52 Hike Challenge with some objectives in mind. We added the Adventure Series for 2016 because we wanted you to have a well rounded experience, going to beautiful places and connecting with the people who care for making this planet more sustainable. We believe this list will enrich your life and make this 52 Hike Challenge journey memorable for years to come - hopefully something you tell your grandchildren about.
- 5 Waterfalls (even if they are dry)
- 1 Forest (if not possible, go to National Park/ Site)
- 1 National Parks, Monuments, Preserves, Recreation Area or Historic Trail
- 2 Hikes to bodies of water: Lakes, Rivers, or Ocean
- 1 Stewardship hike (pick up trash or join group to help with a restoration project)
- 1 Group hike (if you are regular to one group, visit a new group to meet new people)
- 1 Introduce someone new to hiking (on an easy trail)
- 1 Hike from your Bucket list (somewhere you have always wanted to go)
- 3 Reflection hikes (journal at the beginning, middle, and towards the end of your challenge).
We are currently working on a new patch for the 2016 Adventure Series in Partnership with REI, we will email challengers who signup below as soon as it's available!
Before you complete the "Sign Up" form below, make sure that you are in it to win it. Are you ready to take on a life changing journey? Are you ready to do whatever it takes to complete the challenge, including meeting new adventure partners and exploring places you have never been before? If so, we welcome you to the challenge!
If you haven't already done so, please review our Guide to the Challenge to learn everything you need to know in order to successfully complete the 52 Hike Challenge. Also, please read our FAQ section for all those details like "what is considered a hike?"
After signing up, please take a few moments to review the Official 52 Hike Challenge products we have to offer (link after pressing "Submit" button), including our 52 Hike Challenge Patches, the 52 Hike Challenge Multi-Functional Headwear Piece, and keep your eye on the Official Finisher's Medal to help keep you motivated!