As the season starts to change it's a great time to visit your local desert for a hike!
Here are our top tips when hiking in the desert:
3. Plan ahead: Make a plan for what trail you plan to hike, elevation gain, terrain, time it will take, etc.
4. Always let a trusted friend or family know where you're going and when you'll be back. Also, carry a SPOT emergency device, GPS unit or check out the CAIRN app, which allows you to let your loved one's know of your hiking plans and has maps too!
5. Wear lightweight clothing, layers in case of sudden whether changes and don't forget a hat!
6. Start early in the day or later in the afternoon!
7. Bring plenty of food and snacks like KRAVE Jerky.
We hope these tips for hiking in the desert will keep you inspired to explore more for your 52 Hike Challenge!
Karla & Phillip
*We're proud KRAVE Jerky is a 2017 52 Hike Challenge Sponsor. Check out their latest products at www.kravejerky.com