This post is brought to you in sponsorship with Sawyer Products
Can you imagine your life without clean water?
Just for a moment, try to visualize what that would be like: your drinking water is infested with feces, showers are scarce if at all, and you’re probably really, really sick.
Not just sick with a cold. Sick with a fever. Vomiting. Chills. Headaches. Diarrhea.
Can you imagine that life?
You probably can’t. Because it’s unimaginable. And because no one should ever have to live without access to clean water.
People shouldn’t have to risk their lives every time they take a drink. Children shouldn’t die from waterborne disease before their 5th birthday.
And the United Nations agrees. In 2010, the organization deemed clean drinking water and sanitation essential human rights for all.
But illnesses due to poor water quality are still happening every day. And they're not going away. Not unless we do something…
Sawyer’s Global Clean Water Movement
…Which is why we’re so proud to be partners with Sawyer Products, an incredible company that is impacting water quality standards around the world.
Did you know that 4 out of 10 people in the world have limited access to clean water?
According to the World Health Organization, nearly half of the global population will be living in “water-stressed areas” in just six short years.
But Sawyer has helped. Using their state of the art water filtration technology, this eco-minded company has been able to positively impact millions of lives around the globe.
In fact, the same filters that you use in the backcountry are saving lives overseas.
With the addition of advanced adapters and accessories, these water filters can convert 5 gallon buckets into gravity filtration systems capable of lasting 10+ years.
Sawyer has helped:
- Bring clean drinking water to all of Liberia
- Introduce clean water to nearly 100% of Fiji
- Install over 1 million water filters around the world
- Reduce diarrhea in developing countries by over 90%
But they couldn’t have done it without YOU and your support!
Every Sawyer Products purchase fuels this clean water movement. The results have been humbling to say the least.
International Relief: Key Benefits of Sawyer Water Filters
Sawyer’s campaign for clean water has changed the quality of life for millions of people across the globe.
According to an ongoing study in Fiji, Sawyer water filters are saving families an average of $600 per year. When the average monthly income is a little over $400, $600 means a lot.
On top of the monetary savings, Sawyer filters are also saving lives.
“With the help of Sawyer filters, Fiji will become one of the first nations with a border to border clean water solution.” - Sawyer International
Sawyer filters help reduce:
- Diarrhea and waterborne illness in developing countries
- Absences at school and work as a result of waterborne illness
- Cost of living and medical expenses related to waterborne illness
And so much more.
Are you feeling inspired to do your part?
Read on to learn two easy ways you can make an impact, too.
How You Can Help Sawyer’s Clean Water Initiative
Doing your part is easy. You can help in two simple ways:
1. Choose Sawyer Products. Not only are Sawyer Products helping save lives around the world, but they’re also some of the highest quality outdoor products out there. When you choose Sawyer, rest assured your new outdoor gear will withstand your most epic adventures — all while helping a family in need.
2. Partner With Sawyer. Do you know of a nonprofit that shares Sawyer’s clean water goals? Sawyer is currently looking for new charitable partners to join their growing network of 30+ like-minded charities. Help Sawyer connect with new partners so we can continue to help change lives around the world.
Thanks to all of you who support Sawyer's efforts to improve the water quality standards around the world.
How are you making an impact? Let us know in the comments below.
All photos provided by Sawyer Products