GOAL: Get outdoors and hike once a week for an entire year.
- Recharge Your Mind
- Explore Nature
- Connect With Family, Friends and Yourself!
- Boost Memory and Concentration
- Increase Energy Levels
- Burn Calories
- Increases Creativity
- Learn Healthy Habits
- Gain Mental Awareness
Join the rest of the movement and support the challenge by signing up with one of our packages. We want to reward our supporters, so we put together package deals that will help you achieve your goals and save you money.
The 52 Hike Challenge 2022 is brought to you by
JOIN THE OVER 51,000+ PARTICIPANTS!
"'Hiking helped me during my battle with breast cancer, it kept me strong, positive and healthy enough to fight better against chemo and radiation treatment. I am 15 months cancer-free and I strongly believe hiking helped me.' - Meredith Crane
"'I made it! I hiked 52 trails in one year!! I can’t even begin to describe the feeling of being done. Of completing one of the hardest challenges I have ever taken on. I’m stronger now than I was a year ago.' - Valerie Bogert
AS SEEN ON
Purchasing the Standard and Ultimate packages get you officially signed up for the challenge with exclusive deals and discounts from our partner retailers! Coupon codes will be sent to you through email after checkout.
START YOUR 52 HIKE CHALLENGE
2023 Free Signup
Does NOT include patch, stickers, medal, journal, online kick off, quarterly check ins, or year end celebration. The FREE package signs you up for the challenge, gets you access to the private community, resources page and challenge guide download.
JOINSIGN UP FREE
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE
52 Hike Challenge
ARE YOU READY FOR THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME?
Are you ready to take on a life changing journey? Are you ready to do whatever it takes to complete the challenge, including meeting new adventure partners and exploring places you have never been before? If so, WE WELCOME YOU TO THE 52 HIKE CHALLENGE!
Most people start their journey here and they never look back.
GAIN THE PHYSICAL, MENTAL, SPIRITUAL AND EMOTIONAL BENEFITS OF HIKING ONCE A WEEK FOR A YEAR
We believe this challenge will inspire you and change your life, one step at a time.
Not only is the outdoors good for your mental, physical and emotional health, but it connects you to yourself and source.
The trails, nature and stillness will provide what you seek.
ADVENTURE ALL-YEAR LONG AND VISIT PLACES YOU NEVER KNEW YOU WOULD
This is one commitment you'll actually want to complete...
Once you start, a whole new world will open up for you.
Explore new trails. Gain empowerment, confidence, inner peace and so much more. Don't forget to invite friends and family to enjoy the journey with.
How it works
Sign up for the challenge
Sign up for the 52 Hike Challenge above.
Enjoy each visit.
The only way to start something, is to go out and do it. Enjoy each adventure and make sure to tag us on social using the hashtags #52HikeChallenge #52HikeChallenge(YEAR)
Share the challenge with your loved ones
Spread the hiking and adventure love. Tell your friends and family about your challenge and see how many people you can inspire to get outdoors too.
- When does the challenge start?
NOW, so get out there with and start counting your hikes! This is a year long goal and we want you to embrace it from the date you first learned about the challenge and committed to it.
- What is considered a "Hike"? Since it is our mission to make this challenge accessible to people of all abilities, we'll count 1-mile minimum as a hike. This includes a walk in your neighborhood, hike, a snowshoe adventure on flat land (for those who are in colder climates).
- Is there a list of hikes I need to complete? No, this is about you making a commitment and getting outdoors more, so it can be something from a nature walk to a longer hike. We do have a log, download it here! In addition, we find a lot of challengers get hiking ideas from searching what others have posted using hashtag #52HikeChallenge. Searching this in Instagram reveals a lot of cool places to put on your bucket list, click this link to see what other challengers are sharing.
- I just found out about the challenge. Can I count previous hikes? We want this challenge to be intentional. This challenge is about immersing yourself in nature to gain the physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional benefit that come from the outdoors. So please start counting one year from the first day you started your first hike.
- Can I repeat a hike? Do they have to be different? Yes, you can do repeat hikes.
- Can I do the 52 Hike Challenge if I am in another country? YES!! The challenge can be taken anywhere in the world. To date we've had hikers in Canada, Egypt, Poland, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Indonesia and more!
- Will I be doing the hikes with 52 Hike Challenge? We really want everybody around the world to be doing this - and we just can't be everywhere at the same time, so unfortunately no. However, you can check your park on docent led hikes. We also host pop-up hikes that occur in many areas, please sign up for our newsletter where we announce our group trips. Other than that, we hope we gave you all the resources (clothing/gear recommendations and hiking groups) you need to get started in your area!
- Are there any prizes or awards? We are happy you are doing the challenge! Make sure to fill out the finisher form for a yearly chance to win an awesome Prize Pack and get listed on the Official 52 Hike Challenge Finishers Page! You can also purchase a finisher medal on our site.
- How will you keep track of my hikes? We currently use social media and a bit of the honor system. To do this, we ask that you post a picture of your hike on social media and tell us what hike number it is by using hashtags. For example, hike one will be #hike1, hike two will be #hike2, and so on, as well as tagging us at #52HikeChallenge(YEAR) or #52HikeChallenge and @52HikeChallenge so that we can see your progress. We also hope that in the process you encourage more friends and family to get outdoors and join you! In addition, we have provided a Hiking Log for you to download and strongly encourage you to keep track of your hikes to help you stay motivated.
- How do I find hikes? Check out our Finding Trails page, you can also do an online search, or buy a local hiking book. :) Better yet, stop by the local ranger station of your chosen park / area and get their recommendation. You can also learn more on our Planning Your Hikes & Goal Setting For Your 52 Hike Challenge blog post.
- Why did you start this Challenge? Most of it is covered under "About Us". We really believe getting outdoors can change people's lives for the better. As you can imagine, we have had a great journey and our lives have changed - we also believe if we can do it, so can you!
- I have other questions not listed here... Please review our general F.A.Q's here. If your question still hasn't been answered please use our contact form to submit your questions to us.