This post is brought to you in sponsorship with Mountain House
Why settle on mediocre, unsatisfying backpacking food when you can have the comforts of home while you’re out on the trail?
Backpacking doesn’t mean you have to live off of nuts and berries.
In fact, there are plenty of easy camping and backpacking meals you can make in just a matter of minutes.
In this article, you’ll learn about one of our top picks:
Mountain House Homestyle Turkey Dinner Casserole, a delicious, easy-to-make backpacking meal that’s sure to make your whole family say “mmmm.”
At 52 Hike Challenge, we believe every adventure should taste this good.
That’s why we’re so excited to share this flavorful backpacking dish with you and your family.
Mountain House Homestyle Turkey Dinner Casserole brings you all your favorite nostalgic Thanksgiving flavors. And you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen in order to enjoy it.
Whether you’re setting out for your next family camping trip or you’re taking a solo adventure through the woods, you’re guaranteed to love this delicious backpacking meal.
Keep reading to find out why this tasty dish is one of our all-time favorite backpacking meals.
Here’s Why We Love It And You Will Too!
“I went backpacking 2 nights and 3 days in the Desolation Wilderness area in Lake Tahoe, California, over summer. We started at Lower Echo Lake and our destination was Bayview Campground for a total of 24 miles. On day two we decided to hit up a peak on our way to Dick’s lake for the evening. We successfully summited, and we were beat by the time we reached our campsite. All I could think about was how hungry I was! As soon as we got to camp we filtered water and I prepared my Mountain House Turkey Dinner Casserole meal, which hit the spot and helped to bring me back to life! The stuffing made me nostalgic of thanksgiving and the veggies were moist, the only thing missing was the pumpkin pie. Maybe – I’ll pack that in next time!”
Mountain House Homestyle Turkey Dinner Casserole is…
- Simple — All you need to do is add water and you’re ready to eat your homestyle turkey dinner in a matter of minutes. Can you imagine an easier way to fill your belly while on the move?
- Quick — Mountain House Homestyle Turkey Dinner Casserole only takes minutes to make! We know backpacking can be tiring, and that’s why it’s so important to have an easy-to-make meal available to you whether you’re at camp or on the trail.
- Compact — Pack this delicious dinner without adding excessive weight to your pack. Mountain House Homestyle Turkey Dinner Casserole is light and compact, making it your best solution for sensible camping food without compromising quality.
- Affordable — Finally a backpacking meal that tastes great but won’t break the bank. This dish is only $10.99 for a 2-serving pouch. And when you buy in bulk, you’ll get free shipping!
- Energizing — One serving of this Mountain House favorite packs 14 grams of protein per serving. Fuel up on this Thanksgiving themed meal and wake up feeling ready to get moving.
- Satisfying — Karla said it herself. This meal is not just practical. It actually tastes good. It’ll leave you feeling full and content. If you’re looking for a substantial meal at the end of a long hike, this is the perfect option for you.
Mountain House Homestyle Turkey Dinner Casserole brings you the best combination of Thanksgiving foods: turkey, stuffing, green beans, celery, carrots and spices all mixed together in a savory turkey broth.
Make Every Camping Trip Feel Like A Holiday
Because every camping trip should feel like a holiday, right?
Get the right fuel for your next adventure when you try Mountain House Homestyle Turkey Dinner Casserole.
There’s a reason why this product has an excellent 4.5 star rating. Make your next camping trip even more amazing with this satisfying meal.
Right now we've secured a Mountain House 20% off Coupon on any Mountain House product for our community. Coupon will allow for one redemption per user. Type in code “52Hikes2018” at checkout, expires December 31, 2018.