52 Hike Challenge Sponsorship #over50outside Official Rules
- No Purchase Necessary; Entry Instructions. No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. A purchase will not improve the chances of sponsorship.
This selection process is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the sponsorship if you are not located within the fifty (50) United States.
To enter the selection process, user must fill out the application on https://www.52hikechallenge.com/pages/over-50-outside between 12:01 am PDT 08/02/2021 and 11:59 pm PDT 08/15/2021. One entry per individual. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential applicant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Application Period. This application begins at 12:01 am PDT 08/02/2021 and 11:59 pm PDT 8/15/2021 (the “Application Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the sponsorship. All entries must be received during the dates and times specified in the Application Period. Odds of winning the sponsorship depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Application Period.
- Sponsorship is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, who are fifty (50) years of age or older as of September 1, 2021 (the “Entrant”). Void outside of the fifty (50) United States.
- The selected applicant will receive the following:
52 Hike Challenge Ultimate Package”, monthly inspirational check-ins, gear advice and fun perks from community sponsors Oboz Footwear, Outdoor Research and Osprey. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who has the right to substitute a sponsorship with another of comparable or greater value. Selected applicant is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the sponsorship. Total value of package shall not exceed $84.99.
- The selected applicant will be selected by a screening process. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of entries received. Sponsor will notify selected applicant by email the week of August 23, 2021. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or selected applicant’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. The selected applicant must then respond to Sponsor by August 30, 2021. Should the selected applicant fail to respond to Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that selected applicant and select a new one in a second-chance round review. Selected applicant and any guest may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and a publicity release. By entering or accepting any prize, selected applicant allows Sponsor to use the selected applicant’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law. Except where prohibited, participation in the sponsorship constitutes participant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of participant’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
- Conditions of Participation. By submitting an entry for this sponsorship, you agree to abide by these rules and any decision Sponsor makes regarding this sponsorship, which Sponsor shall make in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or selected applicant who, in Sponsor’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Sponsor site, the entry process, intentionally submits more than a single entry, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- Disclaimer, Release and Limit of Liability. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SPONSORSHIP. BY ENTERING THE SPONSORSHIP OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE AND RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, PARTNER S, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES AND MEDIA COMPANIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SPONSORSHIP OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE SPONSORSHIP; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SPONSORSHIP; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SPONSORSHIP OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SPONSORSHIP OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the sponsorship, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the sponsorship, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to pick a new participant from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Privacy and Use of Sponsorship Information. Sponsor collects your email address from you when you enter this sponsorship. By entering the giveaway, you are agreeing to receive email communication from the Sponsor and partners with news, product updates, and special promotions. In addition, the Sponsor will share emails entered with the following partners: Oboz, Osprey, and Outdoor Research. By entering the contest, you are agreeing to receive email communication from the partners of the contest. If you do not wish to receive emails, refrain from signing up for the contest.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTES: THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE SPONSORSHIP ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF ORANGE, CALIFORNIA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. ANY SUCH CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM WILL BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND WILL NOT BE CONSOLIDATED IN ANY ARBITRATION WITH ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY OF ANY OTHER PARTY. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF ORANGE, CALIFORNIA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- Selected Applicant’s List. Individuals may request the name of the selected applicant by submitting an email to https://www.52hikechallenge.com/pages/contact-us.
- Sponsor of this event is 52 Hike Challenge. If you no longer wish to receive information concerning Sponsor’s sweepstakes or promotions, please notify Sponsor at https://www.52hikechallenge.com/pages/contact-us.