Are you just starting your #52HikeChallenge2020 and need a little help finding trails and planning your hikes?
Planning your hikes may seem challenging when you first begin the 52 Hike Challenge, but we're here to help.
Since you’re going to be getting outside a lot, we would like to guide you through how to plan your hikes and set goals to help you succeed on your 52 Hike Challenge journey.
Read on to start planning your hikes now!
Do you know what to do if you encounter an aggressive animal on the trail? What about if your hiking partner shows signs of dehydration or heat stroke? What if a thunderstorm or wildfire comes out of nowhere?
While hiking is usually a pleasant experience full of great views and bonding time with your hiking buddies, the unexpected can happen at any time.
When you practice hiking safety, you reduce your risk of…
- An animal attack
- Getting stuck in inclement weather
- Getting lost in the wilderness
And much, much more.
Of course, most of these hiking mishaps are out of your control. That’s why knowing how to react to hiking emergencies is not only important - it’s essential.
We want you to have fun and enjoy nature, but we also want you to be safe on the trails.
Keep reading to learn…
- What to carry with you on ALL your hikes
- How to avoid dehydration, heat stroke and injuries
- What to do if you see a bear, mountain lion or rattlesnake
- How to plan for and react to extreme weather
- What to do if you get lost in the wilderness
And much more.