Did you know a first aid kit is one of the 10 Essentials you should always carry on any outdoors adventure?
Today you’ll find out everything you need to know about one very important hiking essential: your outdoors first aid kit.
Get ready to find out:
- What to carry in your hiking first aid kit
- How to treat minor cuts, scrapes and blisters while on-trail
- A trail-tested and approved product to carry with you on your hiking adventures
Do you want to start hiking with kids? Do you already bring your littles on hikes with you, but you’re looking for unique ways to keep them motivated and engaged?
We’ve got you covered!
In this blog, you’ll find 10 tips to keep kids curious and excited about hitting the trails. First let’s talk about what our youth will love about spending time in the great outdoors.
Is climbing Mount Whitney on your hiking bucket list?
As preliminary permits for Mount Whitney start to roll out, now is the perfect time to talk about how to prepare for conquering large peaks.
Get ready to discover:
- What makes Mount Whitney such a popular mountain to climb
- The process of scoring a permit to hike Mount Whitney
- How to plan, prepare and train for Mount Whitney
- When to turn around instead of hiking on
- Mount Whitney safety tips
Keep in mind climbing peaks takes time and determination — not just while you’re on the trail but well before you set out.
In this guide, we put together an in-depth formula for how you can train for a successful summit on Mount Whitney, plus a whole lot more.
Now is the perfect time to set new goals. But how often do people actually stick to their New Year’s goals and resolutions?
According to a study by Strava, roughly 80% of people fail to stick to their New Year’s Resolutions and will abandon these goals in the first couple months of the new year. Another study found that over half of New Year goals are health related.
So, how can you beat the odds and commit to your goals in order to make positive change in your life?
That’s what we’re going to talk about in this blog, and it all starts with goal setting. Discover 10 Tips to Stay Accountable to Your Goals now.
Are you looking for the perfect pair of hiking boots or shoes? Do you always end up with blisters or hot spots on your feet after hiking?
Whether you’re brand new to hiking or you’ve been hiking for a while, but you can’t seem to find the right fit, this blog on Hiking Footwear 101 will help you!
To bring you the most accurate information possible, we sat down with hiking footwear expert Krystina Beatty. Krystina is an Outreach Specialist at Oboz Footwear, a leader in hiking footwear innovation and design.
If you have questions on how to keep your feet happy while hiking, you’ll definitely want to read this.
In this blog you will learn:
- How to find the right shoe size for your hiking adventures
- How to avoid blisters and hot spots while hiking
- Which style of hiking boot or shoe is best for you
- Pro tips on waterproof vs ventilated hiking footwear
- The difference between lows and mids, and more!
Back in September 2021, we launched Over 50 Outside, a brand new program that empowers women over the age of 50 to get outside and take 52 hikes.
- 2,600+ applied for this program
- 150 women were selected
- 5 brands came together to make this program possible
- 3 months have passed since they started - let's see how it's going!
In this blog, you will discover what the Over 50 Outside group has been up to and how this program has changed, challenged and inspired them so far.
Read on to hear from the women themselves and find out what a year of hiking and community can do for you.
Here at the 52 Hike Challenge, we are gifted with a diverse community of hikers (like you!) that come from many different cultures and backgrounds. You are so important to our mission to create a mindful and inclusive space for all.
In our ongoing efforts to make the outdoors more accessible to everyone, we compiled a list of resources to help you join the inclusivity outdoors movement.
- Page 1 of 10