Thank you for continuing to support the 52 Hike Challenge!
As a small, female run business, every dollar helps to keep us operational. Whether that's the purchase of a Challenge Package, T-Shirt, Journey Journal, or a direct donation via PayPal or Venmo, we appreciate your patronage and assistance.
How Coronavirus Affects Your 52 Hike Challenge
It is our intention to create a safe and mindful space for you to share your hikes, motivate and inspire one another. Our community is not a space to shame or guilt-trip anyone. Please be mindful of your actions. Right now, we as a community, need to be an example to others.
We can all probably agree that COVID-19 is top of mind for just about every person on the planet right now. It’s unsettling and stressful.
Right now more than ever, walking and being outside can help you and your loved ones, release some stress, decrease feelings of boredom, and give you some peace of mind during these uncertain times.
That being said, we are under different state / county orders to “shelter in place,” “stay home,” etc. While exercise is important, we need to make sure that we are following our local rules and enforcement. We know you’ll do the right thing.
Here is why:
· If we do not adhere to our local standards, our local trails may close. We've already seen beach and park closures in California.
· According to Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, stick to walks / hikes in your local neighborhood. People in rural small towns need to be kept safe and healthy.
· This is not a time to go out and do high risk outdoor activity. Remember that if something does happen while on trail, SAR teams are risking their lives too.
What you can do:
· Families and people who cohabitate together may go outside in a small group, but should stay 6 feet away from others.
· Please pack it in and pack it out. Learn how to potty responsibly, as many public facilities, including restrooms are now closed.
· We are offering 9 live classes you can join us for and will count towards your 52 Hike Challenge!
We know that some of you may be unable to hike and don’t want to miss your 52 Hike Challenge, you will have various options:
· Extend your start date by however number of weeks were missed due to COVID-19
· Make up hikes, you can hike 2 trails in one day, as long as they are one mile each.
· Join one of our free online classes and count it towards your hike for that week. (see below)
Thank you all for doing your part. Hopefully this will all be over sooner, rather than later.
With much love, respect and kindness,
52 Hike Challenge Team and Leaders
" More than ever, we need to tap into the power of nature- its stillness, its resilience, its peace. "
KARLA AMADOR - 52 HIKE CHALLENGE C0-FOUNDER
One of the greatest things we can do right now is educate ourselves. We are hosting 9 classes to help you get more hiking knowledge, fitness, empowerment and more! Plus, these classes will count as a makeup hike.
Classes are donation based, if you'd like to make a donation to help support us you can do so on our donation page here.
FREE KIDS ACTIVITY BOOK
We are offering a portion of our 52 Hike Challenge Kids Activity book for FREE while kids are mandated to stay home for the next few weeks and possibly the remainder of the school year. This activity book contains a list of 52+ outdoor activity ideas, a log, 12 workbook pages from the original e-book and a finisher certificate you can award your child once they complete the 52 activities!
Enter your email below and we'll send you the PDF download link to your email!
And don't forget to follow us on social media!
Our Proud Achievements To Date
YEARS SINCE WE STARTED
MOMENTS IN NATURE CAPTURED
FINISHER STORIES COLLECTED IN 2019
Support 52 Hike!
We're a small business with a BIG mission. These are uncertain times, but you can help!
SIGN UP FOR NEWS & UPDATES
Sign up for our newsletter for updates, news and hiking resources!