Are you ever too old to get outside?
Absolutely not! Aging is inevitable, but it doesn’t have to be scary. Instead, aging is an invitation to embrace the years ahead with intention. It is an opportunity to set goals for your next chapter of life and seek to find what fills your cup and fuels your adventurous spirit.
In our humble opinion, hiking is the perfect way to do just that!
After all, spending time in nature has all kinds of healing benefits for people of all ages.
- Physical activity helps keep joints healthy and mobile.
- Being outside helps you unplug and be in the present moment.
- Spending time outdoors can help improve cognitive function.
- Taking a walk in nature can lessen stress and anxiety.
And so much more.
Even though we know getting outside is great for all ages, we don’t often see the 50+ community represented in outdoor content – especially women.
That’s why Over 50 Outside was created.
Back in September 2021, we launched Over 50 Outside, a brand new program that empowers women over the age of 50 to get outside and take 52 hikes.
- 2,600+ applied for this program
- 150 women were selected
- 5 brands came together to make this program possible
- 3 months have passed since they started - let's see how it's going!
In this blog, you will discover what the Over 50 Outside group has been up to and how this program has changed, challenged and inspired them so far.
Read on to hear from the women themselves and find out what a year of hiking and community can do for you.
Are you just starting your #52HikeChallenge and need a little help finding trails and/ or planning your hikes?
Planning your hikes may seem challenging when you first begin the 52 Hike Challenge, but we're here to help.
Since you’re going to be getting outside a lot, we would like to guide you through how to plan your hikes and set goals to help you succeed on your 52 Hike Challenge journey.
Read on to start planning your hikes now!
- Page 1 of 2